Applications for Ubercamp 2017 are now open!
Could you be the next Mark Zuckerberg or Elon Musk? Applications for Übercamp 2017 are now open, take the first step into an überpreneurial future.
An initiative of QUT bluebox and the Institute for Future Environments, Übercamp 2017 offers QUT's brightest the exclusive opportunity to attend an interactive two-day camp using case studies of inspirational global überpreneurs to show you how you can change the world.
- set, refine and pitch your big idea
- identify your own überpreneurial qualities
- develop a successful investment proposition
- garner the resources you need to reach your goals
- make it all happen.
Apply to attend Übercamp 2017
Applications close at midnight on Monday 1 May 2017.
Twenty (20) applicants will be chosen to attend Übercamp. The chosen applicants will receive the two-day* Übercamp course, catered meals and accommodation at the Twin Waters Resort, Sunshine Coast. All applicants will be notified by 12 May 2017 regarding the outcome of their application.
Please note: transport to and from the venue is not included.
* Attendees must be available to attend both days
Who’s running the camp?
Übercamp will be led by Peter Andrews and Fiona Wood, the co-authors of Überpreneurs: How to Create Innovative Global Businesses and Transform Human Societies.
Peter is a former Queensland Chief Scientist and the founder of several biotechnology companies and research institutes in Australia.
Fiona is a science and innovation policy analyst who advises research agencies and other organisations in Europe, Asia, North America and Australasia on how to align research investment with stakeholder expectations.
Visit www.uberpreneurs.com to read more about Peter, Fiona and their book.
Email email@example.com if you have any questions.
Terms and conditions
- Übercamp is open to current QUT undergraduate, postgraduate, HDR students and early career staff members only. This is an exclusive opportunity with only 20 places available.
- Applications will be judged based on the quality of the online application. Decisions made by the panel of judges will be final. All applicants will be notified of the outcome by 12 May 2017.
- QUT will fund the following items for the 20 successful applicants.
- Day 1: Thursday, 1 June 2017 Übercamp course, morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea, dinner, and accommodation at Twin Waters Resort, Sunshine Coast.
- Day 2: Friday, 2 June 2017 Übercamp course, breakfast, morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea.
- Successful applicants are required to attend full day both Thursday and Friday
- Transport to and from the venue is not included and is the responsibility of the applicant.
- Applications will be judged based on the quality of the online application. Decisions made by the panel of judges will be final.
- Successful applicants should be aware that QUT may use any photographic and video footage taken during Übercamp in relevant publicity material.