In addition to the $250,000 Innovation Challenge, qutbluebox also operates a 3 month accelerator program to assist QUT staff, students and alumni to develop a minimum viable product and/or service, refine a business model, and ultimately launch a startup company.
The qutbluebox Accelerator offers the following to approximately 6 startup teams per program:
- Regular educational workshops on lean startup principles, including customer discovery and market validation;
- Presentations by real world professional advisors on innovation management, intellectual property protection, legal agreements, new venture funding and pitching;
- Tailored milestone plans to accelerate technical, legal and commercial development;
- Equity investment by bluebox of up to $25,000 per team;
- Matching with local, national and/or international entrepreneurial mentors; and
- Opportunity to co-work with other startup teams.
Startup teams that have completed the qutbluebox Accelerator program include: